Carroll trucking is a family run intermodal, cartage and warehousing service company providing transportation and container services. We are currently in search of self-driven Heavy Equipment Mechanics for our team in Norfolk, VA, supporting our growing fleet of Trucks, Chassis, Dry vans and flatbed Trailers. The ideal candidate has a strong background in heavy equipment mechanics and operations of tractor trailers.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Diagnose and repair operational difficulties to DOT standards with heavy-duty diesel trucks and equipment.
- Preventative maintenance on Tractors, Trailers and Chassis.
- Change tires (Pre-mounted on rims).
- Knowledge of electrical systems, A/C issues and troubleshooting fundamentals
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear
- Work well alongside fellow mechanics, office personnel, and Drivers
- The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. This description of responsibilities is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired.
- Minimum of (1) year experience as a diesel/equipment mechanic.
- Driver’s license (CDL License not required but would be a plus).
- TWIC card a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k after 90 days
- Fleet of company owned trailers
- W2 Employee with weekly pay
- Salary: Based on experience